Compiled by Elmuonzo Singson PhD(rd) Food and Nutrition, ANGRAU
A test portion is dried at a temperature of 100 to 105 0C under conditions which enable a result to be obtained which is in agreement with that obtained by the basic reference method (AOAC, 2005).
- A Petri dish with lid was weighed.
- 10 grams sample was weighed into the petridish and spread evenly for uniform drying.
- Oven was set at 100 to 1050C and the petridish with sample was placed inside the oven with lid open for 4 hours.
- Petri dish was transferred to a dessicator for cooling.
- Then the weight of the petri dish with sample was noted.
- This was repeated for all the samples till constant weight was achieved.