The market data on diet drinks in USA shows that they started declining since year 2009. The diet soda producers such as coke, pepsi, mountain dew, DrPepper, and 7UP has evidenced the down fall. Researchers suggest several reasons for the decline in the sales.
- Overall soft drinks consumption is on the fall
- Mistrust in artificial sweeteners
- Belly fat linked to diet sodas
- Natural and organic trends
- Introduction of cane sugar and Stevia
Though analysts say the innovation and development of low calorie drinks will grow in the future.